Assistant Store Manager Job Description
Assistant Store Managers help with business operations by scheduling job interviews, training new employees, creating staff shift schedules, handling employee conflicts, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Your Assistant Store Manager job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview Assistant Store Manager candidates? Check out our top Assistant Store Manager interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Assistant Store Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a responsible Assistant Store Manager who is excited to help keep our business running smoothly. In support of the Store Manager, you will oversee job interview schedules, onboard and train new employees, monitor stockroom inventory and display merchandise, track consumer buying trends, and ensure customer satisfaction.
This is a leadership position that requires you to help our team adhere to company procedures and stay efficient. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, extremely personable, and have strong critical thinking skills. Overall, your duty is to facilitate business operations and create satisfied customers.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist the Store Manager with developing strategies to increase traffic, sales and profitability
- Oversee employees to ensure productivity and compliance with company procedures
- Schedule job interviews and conduct onboarding and training of new team members
- Monitor stockroom inventory and display merchandise
- Motivate staff and provide a good leadership example
- Handle customer complaints in a calm and productive manner
- Create business reports of revenue and expenses
- Maintain the employee shift schedule
- Ensure the premises are clean, organized, and in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Complete all other tasks requested by the Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Requirements:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Basic math skills for creating expense reports and spreadsheets
- Able to self-motivate and work in a team
- Desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proven experience as an Assistant Manager or a similar position
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field is preferred
Median Annual Pay: $45,487
Annual wages for Assistant Store Managers in the top roles in which they worked:
Department Manager $39,623
Retail Manager $51,000
* Source for wage information: Glassdoor