Hotel Front Desk Agent Job Description
Hotel Front Desk Agents are often the first point of contact for guests of the establishment. They are primarily charged with guest check in and check out.
Your Hotel Front Desk Agent job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview Hotel Front Desk Agent candidates? Check out our top Hotel Front Desk Agent interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Hotel Front Desk Agent Job Description Template
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent who is professional, polished, and friendly to welcome guests, manage reservations and other bookings, handle check in and check out, address guest questions and concerns, process payments, and support general administrative duties. You will also be called upon to provide information about the hotel, amenities, and local surroundings, including attractions and restaurants.
A Hotel Front Desk Agent is a key member of our team as you serve as the guest’s first point of contact upon arrival at our hotel. Success in the role requires a passion for providing excellent customer service while being proactive to solve problems efficiently and courteously. We are particularly interested in a strong team player who can maintain focus and composure during periods of high activity.
Hotel Front Desk Agent Responsibilities:
- Perform guest check-in and check-out
- Issuing room keys or cards
- Receive and manage online and telephone reservations
- Welcome incoming guests and direct them to their rooms
- Presenting statements to guests and processing payments
- Provide accurate and interesting information on attractions, amenities, the hotel, and the local area
- Respond to complaints professionally and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Organize transportation services for guests if needed
- Maintain front desk records
- Work with cleaning staff to ensure that rooms are tidy for arriving guests
Hotel Front Desk Agent Requirements:
- Experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent or Receptionist
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of hotel software like Cloudbeds or RoomKeyPMS
- Professional appearance and friendly attitude
- Ability to multitask under stressful circumstances
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Flexible shift availability
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $24,250 per year/$11.66 per hour
Annual salaries for Hotel, Motel, and Resort Front Desk Agents in the top industries in which they worked:
Traveler Accommodation $24,190
RV (Recreational Vehicle) Parks and Recreational Camps $23,410
- Other Amusement and Recreation Industries $25,330
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics