Human Resources Manager Job Description
Human Resources Managers are responsible for a range of human resources activities including recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, and legal compliance.
Your Human Resources Manager job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview Human Resources Manager candidates? Check out our top Human Resources Manager interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Human Resources Manager Job Description Template
Our company is searching for an energetic Human Resources Manager to oversee our HR practices and complete important talent-related duties. This role is essential to the efficient operations of our HR department and the organization as a whole. The successful candidate will be a strong leader with a diverse background in all aspects of human resources management, including recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, and legal compliance.
The Human Resources Manager will play an important part in our drive to be a premier destination for the industry’s top talent. You will be charged with executing our recruitment strategy and implementing programs to increase employee satisfaction and reduce turnover rates. We are looking for our Human Resources Manager to bring a high level of initiative to analyze current HR processes and procedures and make recommendations to enhance efficiency, productivity, and outcomes.
Human Resources Manager Responsibilities:
- Forecast hiring needs and recruiting ideal candidates
- Create an effective onboarding and training process
- Calculate and report employee turnover rates
- Resolve conflicts in an effective and professional manner
- Conduct employee performance review, manage transfers, and handle terminations
- Keep records of benefits plan participation
- Develop and maintain a human resources information system
- Manage grievance investigations and disciplinary processes
- Enforce company policies as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Liaise with outside parties like law firms, search firms, or relocation services
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports
Human Resources Manager Requirements:
- Ability to analyze documents and work with mathematical concepts
- Knowledge of employee, health, and safety legislation
- Ability to give presentations and create reports
- Experience in workplace investigations and conflict resolution
- Competency with payroll systems
- Experience with Automated Tracking Systems and other HR efficiency software
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a similar field
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resources roles
- PHR certification preferred
Median Annual Pay: $76,464
Annual wages for Human Resources Managers in the top roles in which they worked:
HR Generalist $56,000
HR Business Partner $78,572
* Source for wage information: Glassdoor