Recruiter Job Description
A Recruiter, otherwise known as a Human Resources Specialist, is required to find new talent for open positions in a company by matching qualifications, values, skills, and experience to the desired role.
Your Recruiter job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview Recruiter candidates? Check out our top Recruiter interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Recruiter Job Description Template
Our company is seeking an energetic Recruiter to identify new positions to be filled, and acquire the talent to fill those positions. We are looking to grow our company with a team of highly qualified employees, and the Recruiter will play a central role in achieving that objective.
Overall responsibilities will include working with the various company departments to assess new hiring needs, creating accurate and compelling job descriptions, finding candidates through a variety of sources, effectively interviewing candidates, coordinating hiring decisions with appropriate departments, negotiating salary and other terms of employment, completing new hire paperwork, overseeing new employee onboarding, and staying current with employment laws and regulations.
The ideal Recruiter candidate will have outstanding communication and organization skills, as well as extensive knowledge in hiring practices and company policies. They will also have a keen eye for assessing candidate abilities and ensuring through resumes, interviews and reference checks that they can succeed at a given role within our company.
- Identify potential hiring needs within the company
- Create job descriptions to attract top candidates
- Find potential candidates through databases, recruitment websites, and networking
- Review and analyze resumes
- Conduct interviews to determine knowledge and skills
- Coordinate hiring decision-making with interested departments
- Negotiate salary and other terms of employment
- Complete new hire paperwork and oversee onboarding
- Stay up-to-date on all employment laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation abilities
- Proven ability to design detailed recruitment strategies
- Experience with the range of job recruitment websites
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Experience designing and conducting interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $60,880 per year/$29.27 per hour
Annual salaries for Recruiters in the top industries in which they worked:
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services $68,620
Employment Services $53,760
Healthcare and Social Assistance $52,140
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics