UX/UI Designer Job Description
A UX/UI Designer (User Experience/User Interface Designer) creates web-based applications and analyzes client experiences to ensure a company’s online presence is user accessible and appealing.
Your UX/UI Designer job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
Getting ready to interview UX/UI Designer candidates? Check out our top UX/UI Designer interview questions.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
UX/UI Designer Job Description Template
We are currently searching for a UX/UI Designer to upgrade our software to a better and more effective user experience for our clients. You will be required to work with trend analysts and web page designers to gather user requirements, design graphics, and build a more user-friendly navigation system and interface.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you must have extensive design software and wireframe tool knowledge, as well as strong back-end development expertise and proficiency in new web development tools and trends. Experience in mobile applications is required. Overall, your role is to design highly functional and user-friendly online tools that allow our customers and partners to interact with our business in a productive way.
UX/UI Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and create user-friendly applications
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Evaluate user requirements and strategize implementation
- Develop user interface mockups and prototypes
- Create unique graphic design elements, navigation buttons, and user interface elements
- Present rough drafts to stakeholders
- Correct application in response to user feedback
- Analyze mobile user trends
- Adhere to our brands fonts, style, and general aesthetic
UX/UI Designer Requirements:
- Portfolio of previous design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to analyze trends and data and incorporate into a UX/UI project
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to work efficiently and manage projects
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Design, or a related field
Median Annual Pay Range: $80,000-90,697
Annual wages for UX/UI Designers in the top roles in which they worked:
Interaction Designer $88,124
Web Designer $57,470
Multimedia Designer $53,807
* Source for wage information: Glassdoor